Policy bulletin 17: Utility door holder repair kit
Type: Policy Bulletin
Affected Models: Utility cars with doors produced before July 2019.
Garia A/S have made an improvement to the mounting of the door holder to make sure the door will keep locking properly.
Replacing the aluminum threaded inserts with sheet metal nut
The spare parts required for this upgrade can be ordered directly at Garia, when ordering present
the VIN of the vehicle and the need parts will be shipped free of charge.
FOR DEALER AND SERVICE PARTNERS
Function numbers to be used:
U1828- Carrying out Policy bulletin PB00017 - Utility door holder repair kit
Time: 0,25 hours
Spare parts required:
Part number: G1199714100 - Sheet metal nut, type 6
QTY / Vehicle: 2 pr. door
Torx 30, drill and a 9- or 10-mm metal drill
INSTRUCTION FOR ACCOMPLISHMENT:
- Lift the cupholder in the dashboard by grabbing the edges with your fingers.
To give you more work/moving space, you can remove the water drain hose and remove the cup holder completely
- Unscrew the 2 bolts (Torx 30)
- Drill out the 2 aluminum threaded inserts, that the 2 bolts
were mounted in, with at 9- or 10-mm drill Mount the 2 Sheet metal nuts
- Mount the 2 Sheet metal nut (Type 6) in the door frame
- Mount the door lock bracket with the 2 bolts (Torx 30)
Nm 9,7 /Ft. lb 7,1
Check that the door closes correct – if not adjust the lock bracket or lock bracket pin
Install the cupholder again – remember the water drain hose if removed
- I the "Quick guide and service book", please note: Policy bulletin PB00017 - Utility door holder repair kit completed - Data, Dealer stamp and signature.